Coastland seeks an experienced Building Plans Examiner to join our growing Building Department. The position will perform non-structural plan check for our ongoing municipal clients. This position will be filled in our Santa Rosa office. Coastland seeks an experienced Building Permit Technician to join our growing Building Department. The position will perform a variety of administrative functions for our ongoing municipal clients, including permit processing and tracking. This position will be filled in our Santa Rosa office.
Under general supervision, the Building Permit Technician / Specialist will receive, log, and distribute building plans for plan checking; check and review permit applications and supporting documents for proper form, sufficiency of information, and conformance with established guidelines; and issue permits as authorized. Additionally, we anticipate utilizing this individual for staff augmentation at our client sites to occasionally cover client absences and interim needs. We are open to discussing a full or part-time schedule with the right candidate.
- Certifications in ICBO and/or ICC
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in municipal plan checking
- California professional engineer (PE) license is desired
- Certified Access Specialist (CASp) is desired
- Permit Technician and/or Combination Inspection Certification a plus
- Other plans examining certifications desirable
- Competent user of MS Word, Excel & Outlook
- Able to work in a collaborative environment and interact with staff, clients, architects and government agencies
- Excellent customer service skills
- US Citizen