Coastland has an immediate opening for an experienced Construction Manager to manage Capital Improvement Program construction projects for our public agency clients. The full-time position will be filled in our Auburn office and require travel to serve our clients throughout the greater Sacramento region.
The candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of experience overseeing public construction projects and possess strong communication skills.
- BS degree in Construction Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of experience in all facets of public works infrastructure construction projects
- Experience providing oversight/coordination with project inspectors
- Able to work in a collaborative environment and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients and government agencies
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to make effective, fair, timely and independent decisions – especially in the field
- Possess good conflict resolution skills and strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience processing all construction-related paperwork as owner’s representative
- Ability to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and to traverse difficult terrain
- Valid California driver’s license and a clean driving record
- A California professional engineer (PE) license is preferred but not required
- Certified Erosion, Sediment & Storm Water Inspector (CESSWI) and/or QSP/QSD desired