2019 Project of the Year
This project was awarded the American Public Works Association (APWA) Sacramento Chapter's "2019 Transportation Project of the Year".
Coastland provided construction management and field inspection related to the City of Galt Safe Routes to School and SACOG Bicycle and Pedestrian Improvement projects. The project consisted of two individual designs, bid and managed under one contract.
Features of the project included:
- Full depth roadway reconstruction
- 1.5 million SF of microsurfacing
- 37,500 LF of green bike lane surfacing
- 50,000 SF of sidewalk construction
- Replacement of 170 ADA ramps
- 24 miles of thermoplastic striping
- Installation of 119 new roadway signs
- Rapid Flashing Beacons installed at 7 locations
- Traffic signal upgrades
- Installation of median refuge islands
- Numerous supportive activities
All construction management and inspection met Caltrans and federal requirements. Coastland also assisted the City with processing these projects for approvals through Caltrans Office of Local Assistance.